Did you know that to be qualified as a coach in a school you have to achieve at least a level 2 in the particular sport?
According to Sports Coach UK,
British Gymnastics states the minimum qualification to deliver in this environment is the UK Coaching Certificate (UKCC) or governing body of sport Level 2 Certificate in Coaching Gymnastics or for trampoline gymnastics the UKCC or governing body of sport Certificate in Coaching Gymnastics (trampoline discipline).
Aside from being a level 2 coach, British Gymnastics also have a list of qualifications for the aspiring coaches. Here is the list.
- Minimum age — 18 years old for all paid coaches working in schools
- Appropriate qualifications — the minimum qualification, recommended by the National Partners, for a coach or professional working in a primary school context is usually considered to be a UKCC level 2 coaching qualification or equivalent in the activity being delivered*
- Appropriate insurance cover for the duties you have asked them to carry out at the school
- Policies and procedures. As a minimum, your school should have in place the following policies: code of practice, equality, participant welfare, health and safety. You should require a coach to sign up to these as part of a thorough school induction
- A DBS check completed where necessary.
With knowledge of these requirements, our Inspired Team of coaches working in different schools are all Level 2 holders or above because we wanted to provide you and your kids the best experience when it comes to gymnastics.